Busy Girls Blog, Manchester & Cheshire Headline Animator

Thursday 20 November 2008

Very cunning...

Popped into the Trafford Centre for lunch with a friend at the weekend. On my way out I thought I have a quick squizz around the shops (would be rude not to), and stopped off at my old favourite TopShop - next to HMV.

I was delighted to lay my hands on some lovely bits - a gorgeous cobalt blue tshirt dress (only £35), a stunning blue party dress (only £30?!) and a rich yellow t-shirt dress. I couldn't believe only ten minutes in and I'd found 3 perfect items.

It was then that the confusion set in... what does DP stand for? Dorothy... "why have they got Dorothy Perkins stuff in TopShop?", "I never go to Dorothy Perkins, it's too old fashioned?!?"

It was only then I realised that about a month ago, TopShop had moved to the other side of the Trafford Centre and Dorothy Perkins must have taken their old store on. More to the point, they had totally copied TopShop's store layout and branding.

Well - that's really opened my eyes. I was blind to Dotty P's before this (too old, too dull, etc) - I'd become a convert - purely by thinking I was in TopShop

So I guess I'm saying get yourself down to Dorothy Perkins Busy Girl!

Ella xxx

No comments: