Busy Girls Blog, Manchester & Cheshire Headline Animator

Saturday 5 December 2009

No time to dress... no time to impress

It's been one heck of a month. The Busy Girls Guide has been going from strength to strength and I seem to have developed a real capacity for multi-tasking.

I am now capable of putting the washing on, filling and setting off the dishwasher, hoovering the downstairs, feeding the dogs, making tea and breakfast and replying to my most pressing emails - all before 9am.

I'm not, however, capable of getting dressed during this time. Something's got to give...

As if he was aware of the intensity of my household duties, Himself seemed to be helping me out. I was upstairs drying my hair this morning and I heard the hoover going on downstairs.

"Wow!" I thought, "He's actually doing some cleaning for me, bless him!"

I stood for a while, listening to the soothing sounds of someone else cleaning up. I even chastised myself slightly for feeling so annoyed that he never did anything - how he was proving me wrong.

I crept downstairs, cheerfully practising my "Wow! Thank you darling!" expression.

As I turned the corner, my "cheerful, grateful' smile, immediately dropped into a "how bl**dy typical" frown...

There he was, sat in the middle of the room, lovingly hoovering his computer.

No comments: